Thursday, April 17, 2008

Give me your petitions, because I WILL sign them

...especially if they are conveniently delivered to my gmail inbox. If you've got my personal information already, even better, because I hate having to type it in over and over again. MoveOn.org sends me petitions all the time - I sign them without even looking! Select, Ctrl-C those "suggested comments", Ctrl-V in the right box and crank it up a notch with that big red "Sign the Petition" button. Bam!
Sometimes I include a little extra "something" to send to the people who are going to be receiving the petition; a little morsel to remind the hapless petitionees that MoveOn.org is composed of pyschotic leftists. Here is my tidbit for ABC and co. about the terrible job they did hosting a recent democratic debate:

"You people are bad for America; you use your wealth and ill-earned prestige to turn the first amendment into a joke. One day soon I hope youTube and blogging makes your entire industry obsolete."

One could argue that I'm just trying to live up to whats already been said about MoveOn.org. After all it was Mr. McCain who said "MoveOn.org ought to be thrown out of this country". But, MoveOn.org is people (members even voted to determine which candidate MoveOn.org should endorse). I'm going to ignore the obviously idiotic (and irony-laden) notion that McCain has outlined - free speech should result in your U.S. citizenship being revoked. More interesting: how COMPLETELY integrated into our national rhetoric the concept is that an institution (especially political) speaks for itself instead of for the people who compose it. And that makes less sense the more I think about it.

Wow back to back posts on MoveOn.org. What was I thinking?

No comments: